Please Do Not Copy Photos

This blog will often contain photos that are part of my photo business, or personal photos taken by me. Please do not copy. That is really not a nice thing to do. If you want to use a photo, please contact me at pamelarowell@yahoo.com for permission. thanks!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Open and Close

The photo challenge this week has been things that open and close. I have always liked photos of doors and gates. Because they do open and close, I decided that I would find several to photograph.



Open and close really has meaning for us right now. A door closed when we found out Dean was being laid off. Now, we patiently wait for another door to open for the next stage of his career. It will happen. Maybe not as soon as we would like for it to, but it will happen.

Because we hear it so much, I wanted to find out about the quote that talks about doors closing and windows opening. I found two references. The first was

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look
so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we
do not see the one which has opened for us.

Alexander Graham Bell 

The second is Maria in the Sound of Music when she says, "When God closes a door, somewhere He opens a window."


Right now, we are looking for that window. We know the door is closed, and we are not looking at it long and regretfully - believe me, I did it long enough with the first job here. I am not doing it again. 


We are looking as hard and as diligently as we know how. As soon as we find what looks like a window opening, it seems to get slammed shut. As I have stated here before - God is never late - He is always on time - His timing is not always our timing. We do have hope, because we have seen him work in so many ways so many times. We know that one day soon, the door/gate/window is going to open wide and we will be able to walk into the light on a path that has been prepared for us. 




No comments:

Post a Comment