Please Do Not Copy Photos

This blog will often contain photos that are part of my photo business, or personal photos taken by me. Please do not copy. That is really not a nice thing to do. If you want to use a photo, please contact me at pamelarowell@yahoo.com for permission. thanks!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

17 Day Diet - Day 2

Woohoo! I dropped over 4 pounds in one day. Yes, I know it is water. I know I lose really fast at first. A long time ago, someone talked about set points in weight loss. It does make a lot of sense. Because I maintained 15-20 pounds lower than I am now for so long, I will drop this first 15-20 pounds very quickly. I think this especially true because I gained this last 15-20 so very fast. I hope it gets off quickly. I need to feel better.

Today, I have groceries, so no excuse to not rock this program.

Breakfast
I adjusted the recipe from yesterday. Today, I did 6 oz of ff cream cheese, 6 eggs, and all the rest of the salsa. It was about 6 tbs -maybe a little more. Today, I got it all really smooth before pouring it into a sprayed pyrex dish.  I divided it into 4 very large pieces. I will have breakfast for the next three days.

I want to make smoothie bags - put all the ingredients into a ziplock, so they are ready when I want them. If I get a chance. I can't claim that idea. I got it from Pinterest.

Lunch
YUM! I really, really likes my lunch. I looked at a lot of different recipes for the 17 day diet.  I combined and adjusted and came up with a chicken soup that was really yummy! It sort of reminded me of something you might get in a Japanese restaurant - sort of a combo - the broth, mushrooms, onions, cabbage - yum!


Chopped 1/2 of a large yellow onion
Added 1Tbs olive oil in a my cast iron dutch oven
Sauteed onions until they were almost clear
Added one large can of mushrooms, drained
Add 1 Package of Onion Soup Mix (bought the one with lowest sodium)
Cooked until it was sort of a roux
Slowly added 1 Large container of low sodium chicken broth
Chopped about 1/4 head of cabbage (a large head) I think it was between 2 and 3 cups
Added 1 pkg grilled chicken pieces


I let it all come almost to a boil, before turning it down to simmer for about half an hour. I liked it a lot. I will keep it in the refrigerator for lunches. I do much better when I don't have to worry about prepping something. I now have 3 days of breakfast and at least 3 days of lunches in the fridge


Dinner was also an adjusted recipe.
It started with a dip for the chicken and the onions. I put 2 Tbs of FF sour cream and 1 egg white and a little water. I started by dipping the sliced onions in the mix. I put them on a sprayed pan. Then I did the same thing to the chicken strips (breast for me and thigh for Dean. On the chicken, I added seasoning and grated Parmesan cheese. On the onions, I added salt, pepper, Louisiana hot sauce, and some Parmesan cheese. I was hoping they would get crispy, but they didn't. They were really good though. I topped the chicken with the onions, and steamed some fresh green beans.

I managed to get all my water in and plenty of green tea, but I have yet to exercise. Maybe I will go walk tonight. Maybe. I need to plan better tomorrow for that.




No comments:

Post a Comment