Please Do Not Copy Photos

This blog will often contain photos that are part of my photo business, or personal photos taken by me. Please do not copy. That is really not a nice thing to do. If you want to use a photo, please contact me at pamelarowell@yahoo.com for permission. thanks!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Is it time yet?

I remember going to GA camp when I was in middle school. We went to Lakeview Baptist Encampment north of Longview. We always had so much fun. One night was skit night or talent night or something like that. We did this skit one year called "is it time yet?" The premise of the skit was for the four of us to sit in a line of chairs with our right leg crossed over our left knee. Every minute or so, the person on one end would ask, "is it time yet?" The question would be carried down to the end of the row. The last girl would look at her watch and reply, "no it is not time yet." This went on for a few minutes, before the answer changed. This time when it got to the girl on the end, she said, "yes, it is time." At that time, we put our right leg down and crossed our left leg over our right knee. A pretty useless exercise, you must admit. We did see the humor in it.

Now, as adults, we are asking God if it is time yet. In this case, we are asking if it is time yet for Dean to find a job. We have been asking this for a while. As the time has dwindled, are we finally getting close for Him to say, "yes, it is time?"

It was such a simple thing we were wanting to do then. It is much more difficult and much more important to us now. Can it really be that simple of a thing? Can all the anticipation and dread be taken care of with just a, "yes, it is time?" I hope so. I am thankful for the One who gives me hope.

I have been waiting to do much of anything toward a move. If for some reason, we ended up staying here, I didn't want the house packed - except I would like to have refrigerated air ;) I have done a little sorting and going through. I even did some packing last year when were supposed to get a transfer to South Texas. I cleaned my closet this week. I am doing a little, but not nearly enough.

On Friday, Dean got a phone call. There is a possibility of a position for him. Great! He would need to be there on the 29th! I know there is no way I can be ready to go with him then. I do not like us being separated. We have been together way to long to sleep apart. We would have to give notice here anyway. What do we do about Joy Anna and place for her to live until the wedding? If the position is what God has for us, I know all these things will fall into place. I know we will be able to find a house, get packed and moved, and have Joy Anna taken care of. Again, He gives us hope. I start thinking about all that it is going to take when he finally says, "it is time!"

I wish it could be just as simple as crossing the left leg over the right . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment