Please Do Not Copy Photos

This blog will often contain photos that are part of my photo business, or personal photos taken by me. Please do not copy. That is really not a nice thing to do. If you want to use a photo, please contact me at pamelarowell@yahoo.com for permission. thanks!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

17 Day Diet - Day One

I have gained more than 20 pounds in the last couple of months. It started with a very long trip and eating out for every meal for about 3 weeks. We eat out too much anyway. When it is just the two of us, eating out is just easy. It doesn't help when I am stressed, because I tend to eat even more. I have to do something. And so I am starting day one of the 17 day diet. I sort of like that it has a number in it - it gives the impression that I can do it for 17 days at a time. It helps more that my birthday is the 17th.

Since our plans fell through and we didn't take a road trip about a job, I decided to go ahead and start today. Of course, that meant I had no food in order to start. I will go to the grocery store before lunch - I hope.

Breakfast:
I am not really crazy about eggs. If you can drown them in butter or even ketchup, I can eat them. I like quiche with lots of cheese and sausage. That doesn't really work on this either. I made a quiche with 2 eggs, 2 Tbs ff cream cheese and 2 Tbs of salsa. I mixed it with the mixer and poured into two small dishes and baked at 350. We'll see how that goes. I would change it by pouring it all into one dish. I might do it where it makes a whole pie plate and then cut and store for later in the week.


And they say the best laid plans go awry. Dean called and invited me to lunch today. We were going with someone else, so they chose. We went to Denny's. Not the easiest to do, but I did a salad with chicken and cranberries. I used a minimal amount of balsamic. I had errands to run this afternoon, so I went a little later for groceries. Dean went with me. Probably not the best plan when I am trying to buy healthy. He even added hushpuppies to cart. He can eat those on his own. By the time we got home, his blood sugar had crashed and he wasn't feeling well. I had to hurry supper. We had already cooked chicken breasts and asparagus. I added chicken noodles to Dean's. It was okay. I wasn't crazy about the chicken. I sort of masked the taste with a little ff sour cream and salsa.

After the Ash Wednesday service at church, I was hungry. We snacked on carrots and water. Yay us!

I did not get in enough exercise.

And it is on to day 2!







No comments:

Post a Comment