Please Do Not Copy Photos

This blog will often contain photos that are part of my photo business, or personal photos taken by me. Please do not copy. That is really not a nice thing to do. If you want to use a photo, please contact me at pamelarowell@yahoo.com for permission. thanks!

Monday, October 15, 2012

A Photo Walk

I have never done a photo walk - at least not an official one. I have walked and taken photos. We did this one is Georgetown. Dean and I have been to Georgetown several times. It was different doing the walk. Dean was a real trouper and went even though he didn't photograph.

We started at the Monument Cafe. There were several old cars/trucks in the parking lot. I picked the Ford Fairlane.
 We started off and EVERYONE took a photo of this church steeple. The light was amazing, so I took one, too. It almost looks like it was cut out and put on the blue background.


 This gentleman had on his knee pads. I think that is a great idea!
This was a great house! Not one I would really want to live in (I am not posting the holey roof!) but it made for great photos. The tree below was in the back yard.

 Next, we ventured into the cemetery. The headstones were great looking, but what fascinated me was the light shining through the trees.

 next was the Blue Hole. Really, really cool! Small waterfalls and this little girl was fishing. Below is a close up of a weed with the water behind. I am not sure why it is called the Blue Hole.

 Walking on, we passed a new Mexican eatery. This tree was growing at the back corner. They left the tree house that was there - complete with a cactus growing on it. I tried this in color (it was silhouetted as it was) and black and white, but this sepia-ish one just did it for me. 
 Next we crossed over into a little more modern part of town. The above vignette was taken outside a condo. The one below a little further down the street.

Next we went into the retail part of the town. They are doing some construction - this is where something has been patched.
Just past downtown there is a sweet little church which is now an event center. Dean suggested I lie on the ground and shoot with the building behind, so he gets billing as a creative contributor. I think he just wanted to see if I could get up off the ground!
I really had a lot of fun. Now I just need to narrow the choices down to about 10 and then choose my favorite. Not easy for me to pick. 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment