Please Do Not Copy Photos

This blog will often contain photos that are part of my photo business, or personal photos taken by me. Please do not copy. That is really not a nice thing to do. If you want to use a photo, please contact me at pamelarowell@yahoo.com for permission. thanks!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

I don't like Roller Coasters

I have never been a big fan of roller coasters. If I must, I can usually stomach the Mini Mine Train and even the Runaway Mine - but only if I have to. Once, on a trip to Six Flags, I rode that indoor one. It was a have to - Dean was with Eric, Bill was with Ryne, and I had to ride with Sarah - her mom has back trouble and she watched the two youngest. So, that was not fun for me - I don't like the not knowing what is ahead - don't like the sudden drops - don't like the really fast slamming into the really slow. Nope, I don't like them at all.

I think that is what makes the last few weeks/months so difficult. I feel like I am on a roller coaster.

I don't know what is ahead. I don't like the sudden drops into situations over which we have no control. I don't like how Dean gets a call about a position that he must hurry up and call, hurry up and send information, hurry up and look for a place to live, to have it all suddenly slammed into either a complete stop or a s-l-o-o-o--w down and wait situation. Nope, I don't like it at all.

A roller coaster only lasts a short time - we know that there is only a set distance on a ride. We don't know how long this is going to last. We don't have a picture of the track. We just keep riding.


I know that a lot of this is lack of control- I don't have control over the situation. Dean doesn't have control over the situation.

God has control - do I trust him to handle it? Can I let it go? What does letting go in this situation look like?

This, for me, is the hardest of those questions - what does letting go look like in this situation? We have sent out thousands of resumes/applications. Do we stop and let those work through the system? Do we stop spending hours every day searching websites looking for a job?

What does letting go look like?





No comments:

Post a Comment