Please Do Not Copy Photos

This blog will often contain photos that are part of my photo business, or personal photos taken by me. Please do not copy. That is really not a nice thing to do. If you want to use a photo, please contact me at pamelarowell@yahoo.com for permission. thanks!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Wall art - finally!

It took forever to choose the photos. I was super excited that I got in on a great sale. I signed up with a new lab that was having a sale. Because I didn't order right away, they sent me a $25.00 gift card. Score! That means I got all 5 30x40s for less than $150.00!

Next we had to find a way to display them. We knew we wanted them on black.We also wanted them away from the wall.  I searched pinterest like crazy to find the perfect way to mount them inexpensively. I found a lot of good idea, but Dean nixed everyone of them. I am sure no one is surprised about that one :) We ended up at hobby lobby with them mounted on black foam core, but that was not thick enough. We ended up going to the wood section and finding wooden squares. We painted them black and mounted 6 on the back of each print. On the top two, we mounted photo hangers. We glued them to the back several inches in from the sides. This gives the illusion that they are floating on the wall.

Next we had to hang them - oh my what an ordeal. Thankfully, Dean has a great ladder that works on the stairs. We had to get the wall marked first because it had to be perfectly laid out. We tried several things including paper taped the wall. That didn't work either. It finally ended up being a math puzzle for Dean. He had to measure everything out and mark all the corners. He started with the ones on the end and then used a measuring tape to find the center of the diagonal. It took longer to place them on the wall than it did to hang them. 


So here is the finished product!


After we got them all done, we decided they looked fairly small. We are considering adding some 16x20s in the blank spots. We are thinking about it.

We really like the look and it so fun thinking about the wonderful trip we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment