Please Do Not Copy Photos

This blog will often contain photos that are part of my photo business, or personal photos taken by me. Please do not copy. That is really not a nice thing to do. If you want to use a photo, please contact me at pamelarowell@yahoo.com for permission. thanks!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

South Beach Diet - Day 1, Phase 1

Yesterday while I was making out my grocery list, I told Dean I thought I should do the South Beach diet again. I have done it before. It makes good sense to me. I like the foods. The only drawback is doing food for me and having to do something for him. With just two of us, it doesn't make good sense to not eat the same thing. I didn't tell him all that. He has gained about 8 pounds since we moved here. We have not been eating the healthiest. Not good for his diabetes. So, anyway, when I said it, he said he would do it with me! I jumped on the offer immediately. We made out our grocery list and headed to the store.

I probably won't post every day about the diet. Maybe if we have a really good meal, I will post. Maybe I will post progress. Who knows, I might need the motivation and will post more often.

Today we slept late. I made us yummy eggs with mushrooms, onions, low fat cheese and canadian bacon. After breakfast, we went to the Market Days in Round Rock. We took the dogs. I took my camera. I was hoping to take some fun pics. It didn't happen. We spent most of the time chatting with people about the dogs. Hopefully tomorrow I will get out and take some pics - even if they are just fun. I need to do that.

We helped our neighbors out today, so they treated us to lunch. I stayed on the plan - Dean didn't. Since, I didn't have to cook 2 separate things, I am just fine with it. Besides, he'll lose so much faster anyway. I have so much more to lose. I had a wonderful Mediterranean salad. So, so yummy.

We went to the pool and hung out. I tried to keep moving when I was in the pool- not like a real water aerobics class, but still moving around has to help.



Dinner tonight was baked chicken with asparagus. We had ricotta creme for dessert. Yum! It was a late dinner after hanging out at the pool.

Now, it is 10:00 and I am ready to go to bed, but I feel compelled to stay up and watch the last race - the 400IM.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment