Please Do Not Copy Photos

This blog will often contain photos that are part of my photo business, or personal photos taken by me. Please do not copy. That is really not a nice thing to do. If you want to use a photo, please contact me at pamelarowell@yahoo.com for permission. thanks!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Facebook sermons and pics from today


Facebook sermons
Many of my friends post scripture, inspirational and motivational quotes on facebook. Today there were several that really spoke to me. I have been thinking a lot about the next six weeks. Well, probably more about what happens after the six weeks is over, and Dean doesn’t have a job. I can’t say I am worried, but I can’t say it is not on my mind either. When I found out unemployment will pay our rent and not much else, I must confess to feeling a tad overwhelmed. There will be nothing for insurance, utilities, gas or food. I have wanted to go on a diet, but seriously- not like that. Prescriptions will also be a problem. Dean takes so many. We counted things out today. We will get 5 more paychecks. We read Dave Ramsey’s advice on being out of a job. It is pretty much what we were planning. 

Six weeks used to seem like such a long time. Remember in school, how long a six week grading period seemed – especially if you were grounded?  Now, six weeks seems like it flies by. We have just about 6 weeks. We will keep praying, applying, and saving as much as we can. I will cancel the gym. We think we will cancel direct tv as soon as the super bowl is over – it is going up that week anyway. We will keep internet and use it for television – our tv allows us to watch hulu and netflex, and together they are much cheaper. We will keep exploring ways to cut the costs. We are scheduling doctors’ appointments and having our teeth cleaned. We have paid for the insurance, it would make sense to use it. We’ll try to sell the bug, have a garage sale, and pack up and get ready for the day that we actually do have a job and need to move. 

We really do have positive attitudes about this. We are not being defeated. We know that God will meet our needs. We know He has a plan. We know His mercies are new each morning. We know that He has not abandoned us. We do believe Him. If you were one of my facebook friends who posted one of those promises or encouragement today, thanks! I am so thankful for friends who allow God to use them – even in their facebook posts! 

Gary Hall  ‎"My God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19.

Haley Marie Green  For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future!! (Jer. 29:11)
Jessica Eubank  ‎"But I will still dare to hope when I remember this: Great is the love of the Lord. His mercies begin afresh each morning."a
Cheryle McClenny Barnes “We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.” (2 Corinthians 4:8–9 NIV)

Rick Snow  Don't just believe in God, believe God.

This morning I had the honor of photographing the baptism of Timothe. He did really well. No screaming. The church is pretty dark in the mornings, so they are shot at a really high ISO. I shoot these from the pews without flash in order not to distract. The other shots, we have to hurry to enable the next service to set up. These are more for documenting the event- we will do baby photos later this week. :)




 After church, we went across the mountain to watch Jeremy ride in from his 35 mile mountain bike ride. 






 Tired, but what a sense of accomplishment! Those are the mountains he rode over.

While we were waiting for Jeremy, I found an O pic for today
O is for Orange fencing



No comments:

Post a Comment