Please Do Not Copy Photos

This blog will often contain photos that are part of my photo business, or personal photos taken by me. Please do not copy. That is really not a nice thing to do. If you want to use a photo, please contact me at pamelarowell@yahoo.com for permission. thanks!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Pantry do-over


I still need to blog about the wedding - I am going to soon. I just need to take plenty of time to do that. Ashley & Eric did an amazing job on the photos.

For now, I am just trying to keep my head above water. Unpacking is an ordeal. It is fun, but there are times it is a real emotional roller coaster. I like to keep things because I am sentimental. Lots of memories being unpacked. Good memories. It just makes me a little sad that the kids are now grown up, married and moved on.

Anyway, I am starting some redos at the house. I have been doing some browsing on Pinterest and found a few things. We are doing some re-purposing. We are starting in the kitchen and the master bedroom.

I spent the weekend redoing my pantry. After years of selling Tupperware, I have an abundance. When we used in Longview, I used the modular mates a lot. I didn't in El Paso, because I had no pantry. It just didn't work right there.
 


I moved the two softsided coolers and about half of the grocery bags (white bag to the left) to the garage. Everything else stayed and I added so much more! I have almost the whole floor empty now.

 I added 2 boxes of cookbooks to the shelf on the left. I added pitchers to the top shelf. There are extra Tupperware pieces in there. I even added my cast iron cookware to the bottom shelf where it is easier to get out than under the cabinet.

I saw a pin on pinterest where a blogger used adhesive tiles on wire shelves. I don't really have a problem with them except under my cookbooks and under the cookware (because I didn't want the iron to scratch the shelves)  I didn't want to use the adhesive as we are renting. I didn't want to have to clean the adhesive off the shelves. We bought .68 cent tiles that were just flat (Dean says they are called VCT -vinyl composition tiles). I used them under my cookbooks and one under my cookware. Worked great! Everything is organized and neat. I have so much more room in there.

Oh, I don't usually keep a stuffed animal in my pantry, but the photo challenge this month is to take a photo with the same prop every day. I am using the little bear. He is resting against the basmati rice.

I have completed a couple of small projects in my bedroom. I am going to wait until a few more are complete to post. I will work on more tomorrow.

There are a few pieces we still need to acquire. I need an island for my kitchen. I have been looking at some different options where I can remake an island from another piece of furniture. I need a buffet for my dining room - again repurposing might be an option. Also on my list is bench and a rug for our bedroom and a desk and a floor cloth for a craft room - after we decide where the craft room is going to be. The loft gives me the option of seeing the television and sort of being in the room with Dean. That also leaves the other bedroom open for a studio. However, a craft room in the bedroom will allow the door to be closed. Hmmm. Lots to think about, but I need to finish unpacking the loft before we can really make the call. Tomorrow, I will work on the loft and a few more bedroom projects. I love being creative and getting to make the house into a home.



1 comment: