Please Do Not Copy Photos

This blog will often contain photos that are part of my photo business, or personal photos taken by me. Please do not copy. That is really not a nice thing to do. If you want to use a photo, please contact me at pamelarowell@yahoo.com for permission. thanks!

Friday, May 18, 2012

Unpacking Memories

Hello, my name is Pam, and I am a sentimental pack rat. I am a very visual person. I guess no one would ever guess that, huh? I like to have things to see that remind me of the people I love, the places I have visited, the times that I cherish. I keep all kinds of things - baby socks, Joy Anna's Christmas passy, Eric's recipe for how to cook corn dogs.

There were 178 boxes loaded into the trailer. That didn't include the tubs, suitcases and other containers. Because of the way they packed us, many of the boxes of my collections were packed on top of other things that I needed to unpack. That had me unpacking boxes and boxes of memories.

Earlier in the week, I unpacked the boxes that had my kitchen collectibles. Wow, just sitting here, I am remembering another box I saw in the garage then needs to be unpacked with them. These are things that belonged to Nanny, Aunt Edna and other relatives. There are things I found on mission trips - I bought them because they were unusual or reminded me of someone I love. I have my great grandmother's washboard. I have a snuff bottle that belonged to one of Dean's great grandmothers. There is a great All Laundry Detergent bucket I found in Canton one day with Andrea. Lots of fun things up there.

Last night, it was the soda pop bottles. Memory overload! Papa drank Frostie. I remember his drinking a whole bottle in one guzzle. Nanny drank Tab. Aunt Nell found me an unopened bottle that she gave me for Christmas one year. Dean has 2 six packs of coke commemorating the Lady Techsters National Championships. The weekend Dale Earnhardt died, we had a group at our house fro Disciple Now (might have been Spark by then) someone had brought a 6 pack of Earnhardt cokes. We rescued the bottles from the trash and added them to the bottle collection. Had he not died, we would have probably left them in the trash. So many of them I picked up on mission trips. I would buy one, or someone in the church would know I was looking for a special bottle. They would show up with one they had found or had been sitting their barn. So much fun to go back and look at all of them. It wasn't so much fun washing them. Our breezeway in Longview wasn't finished like a room, so they were pretty dirty. We had planned to put them back after we finished the room, but we moved before we got the chance to do that.

I have boxes and boxes upstairs to go through. I am thinking it might be a memory overload . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment