Please Do Not Copy Photos

This blog will often contain photos that are part of my photo business, or personal photos taken by me. Please do not copy. That is really not a nice thing to do. If you want to use a photo, please contact me at pamelarowell@yahoo.com for permission. thanks!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Settling in without anything to settle!

We are camping sort of. In the living room, we have a borrowed tv and a borrowed twin blow up mattress. In the kitchen we have enough staples to get by along with 4 place settings. We have one folding chair in the dining room. The bedroom boasts a mattress on the floor and the kennel for the dogs. Furniture and things are due to arrive on Saturday. Yesterday Directv came out to install the dish. Presumably, they could not install it on the side of the house, and our landlord said it couldn't go on the roof, so they had to install it on a pole. They charged me 70.00 for the pole. I don't know why they can't do the side of the house. They did it on the side of our house in Longview and in El Paso. The guy put it in a horrible place, too. You have to squeeze by it to get into the back yard. Not a good thing. I called today. They will not credit the 70 for the pole even though they told me it was free installation. They are coming out tomorrow to look at moving the pole to new location and to make sure that they really can not install it on the side of the house.

Aunt Beverly came over yesterday to see the house. She came back today and we hit a few stores. It was interesting shopping. We started with a nice Lunch at BJ's Brewhouse. It is fairly new here, so she hadn't been. We then went to a great consignment store. I was looking at different things they had there. Very high quality merchandise in a mix of contemporary, vintage and pieces that were too old to be called contemporary, but too new to be called vintage (at least stylish contemporary or vintage)

There are a few things I would like to have for the house. I need a place to keep my china. I would like a headboard for our room. I would like some great storage pieces. I don't want to spend a fortune.

There were several really cool pieces that were not in my price range. There were several more great pieces that don't fit with what we have - like way far out from the rest. I did find a nice little wooden entertainment center with doors. It was wood. Would have worked for a desk I saw on Pinterest. The price was fair at $150. I took a pic and sent it to Dean. We chatted back and forth about it for a few minutes while I browsed before I walked back over to it.  A lady had looked at it as I was walking back to it. Aunt Bev and I were chatting about it. When the lady realized I was going to purchase it, she ran (literally) to the counter to tell the clerk she wanted to purchase it. The clerk came over to remove the tag. I was pretty amazed that she had been so blatant about it. When I asked the clerk, she asked who had seen it first. I told her I had sent the pic to my husband 10 minutes earlier and we were talking about it. She hesitated. I told her to go ahead and let the lady have it. It must not have been meant to be for me.

We headed on to a different store. We missed the turn to one section of thrift stores, but ended up at a Salvation Army Store. This was unlike any I had been in before. It had nice furniture. I was really surprised. Again, I was upcycling things in my head. I found another entertainment center. This one was a more rustic white (not dark brown) also made of real wood. It was 9 dollars more. I kept looking at it. I sent Dean a pic. I read the signs and realized it should have been marked down 30%! I love a good bargain!  $47.70 off! This one had electricity running into it. I can plug in my computer equipment and keep it all together. I checked out pinterest. I had pinned one a couple of weeks ago. I will be looking for more ideas.

Tonight, the electricity went out. Now there is no Directv signal. Think it will be a good night to turn in early.


No comments:

Post a Comment