Please Do Not Copy Photos

This blog will often contain photos that are part of my photo business, or personal photos taken by me. Please do not copy. That is really not a nice thing to do. If you want to use a photo, please contact me at pamelarowell@yahoo.com for permission. thanks!

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Walking the Line Revisited

A few weeks ago, I wrote a blog post called Walk the Line. If you missed it, you can read it here.
  Walk The Line

This week with the high profile affairs in the media it really made me think along these same lines again. Oops, I really wasn't trying to make a reference with the line/lines comment. Anyway, after reading several news articles and seeing it on the television, it really made me think about the three things that I talked about in that last post.

The first thing was Guard Your Heart. It is very doubtful that this woman set out to have an affair or he planned an affair when they first discussed her writing his biography. From all the reports, she seemed to have a very happy marriage and family life. He has been quoted over and over saying how much he loved his wife. When they spent so much time together discussing his life, it opened the door to allowing her into his life in a way I doubt they ever intended. Too much time with a member of the opposite sex that is not your spouse is not safe! Don't do it!

The second was Be an Open Book. It is coming out now that there were secret email accounts set up. They were avoiding an email trail by using the same account and just saving them in drafts. Never set up an account your spouse doesn't know about or know the password. It is too easy for things to cross the line. Be very careful on your messages on facebook as well. Make them available to your spouse. I might message a couple of male photographers, but everything is above board. I would be happy for anyone to see any message in my account. They are saved and if Dean ever wants to read them, he can. Holding yourself accountable by making your messages available is a good thing.

The last was to Make Your Marriage A Priority. I realize both men in the news were at war, and it was impossible to have their spouse with them. However, there are ways to make your spouse a priority even when deployed. Too many military couple do it for it to be impossible. Work at it together. Make it Work. Don't let the line get thin enough to make it easy to cross.

Long before the affair became a sexual affair, they had crossed the line. Their emotions had been engaged, and the line was crossed. Don't cross the line!

I am praying for those involved. Having to go through what they are going through would be hard enough without the whole world knowing your business.



No comments:

Post a Comment