Please Do Not Copy Photos

This blog will often contain photos that are part of my photo business, or personal photos taken by me. Please do not copy. That is really not a nice thing to do. If you want to use a photo, please contact me at pamelarowell@yahoo.com for permission. thanks!

Friday, December 16, 2011

an odd job interview and a good turn out on my van

Right before Thanksgiving, Dean and I bought a used van. I had been looking for a while, but I had not found 'the one.' I know I don't have little kids or grand kids to haul in a mini van, but man it sure is nice for hauling lights, props, and backdrops for photography! When I found this Honda at a local dealer, Shamaley GMC,we really liked it. We went in to look and came home with a van. We were super excited. It looked wonderful. As we looked a little closer, we noticed some issues with the exterior. The ad had said there was no damage to exterior, so of course we were pretty disappointed. I responded to the email survey with our disappointment. The next morning I received an email from Mr. Shamaley and a phone call from the general manager. They were going to make it right! I was so excited. Now, my van looks amazing! Just as it had been advertised. Thanks so much Shamaley GMC for making me a very satisfied customer!

Dean had a phone interview yesterday. The job would have been interesting for him and the location would have been a new experience for us. They had agreed to do a phone interview. It started badly when they called him 55 minutes early. He was not in the best location for cell service. Dean goes by his middle name - usually not a problem. He had emailed the HR person several times - each time the gentleman addressed him as Dean. He started the interview off by asking for Bill. Just because your name is William, do you have to be called Bill? Dean politely told him he uses Dean. He kept calling him Bill. A little while in, he asked if he went by Bill or William. Again, Dean told him Dean. Probably God's way of saying I am not calling 'Dean' to this location. Back to the drawing board - or job boards if you will.

Supposedly the first round of layoffs is being moved to January. He feels he will be safe until at least April when his division ends. Praying for the best situation at the best time!

No comments:

Post a Comment