Please Do Not Copy Photos

This blog will often contain photos that are part of my photo business, or personal photos taken by me. Please do not copy. That is really not a nice thing to do. If you want to use a photo, please contact me at pamelarowell@yahoo.com for permission. thanks!

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Delivering Gifts

Our church has a ministry called Sidewalk Sunday School. There is a very small community near us. I would guess the entire zip code lives below the poverty level. The last Saturday before Christmas we provide shoebox gifts for all of the children. It is always the highest attended session of the year.

This year, we provided 195 gifts. When the distribution was over, we had 6 boy gifts left and were short 17 girl gifts. Dean, Nancy and I spent the rest of Saturday shopping for those 17 girls. This afternoon, we went out to Westway to deliver the gifts.

We  had 13 stops to make. Many of the houses were not necessarily liveable. I think the saddest for us was a family that had at least three daughters - we delivered gifts for all three. There could be more children as so many other children received gifts yesterday. The house they lived in was a very small, very old mobile home. I grew up in a 14x80. Dean and I lived in a 12x60. This one was probably smaller than the one Dean and I lived in. There was a lean-to attached. That was where the Christmas tree was. The girls were so very excited to get their gifts. We were excited to give them to them, too.


1 comment:

  1. Stars in your crown, Pam, and a great chance to count your blessings. I give thanks every night when I look around me.

    ReplyDelete