Please Do Not Copy Photos

This blog will often contain photos that are part of my photo business, or personal photos taken by me. Please do not copy. That is really not a nice thing to do. If you want to use a photo, please contact me at pamelarowell@yahoo.com for permission. thanks!

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Fortune Cookie Anyone?

Fortune cookies are a fun part of eating Chinese. I must say that I do not believe in fortune telling, psychics, etc. For me, fortune cookies are just fun. I know most of us add "in bed" to the end of the fortune making it even more daring and fun. I am just getting the "I don't believe in Fortune Cookies" out of the way :)

Dean has been job hunting for quite a while. In May he turned down a job with a company that has two words in the name - both of these words could be considered nautical. Last week, there were more jobs in other locations listed on their site. Because the company is a reputable company, he reapplied for the new positions. On Monday, he received a phone call from this company - they wanted to meet with him next week about a position in the same location he had turned down before. That would not be our first preference, but April is coming fast and a job is going to be necessary. After a phone call and a couple of emails, he was informed that he would be getting a phone call that evening to schedule an interview this coming Monday.

The email didn't come.

We went to dinner.

 Ate Chines.

Talked about this company with the two word nautical name as well as other potential opportunities to look into.

Broke our fortune cookies. Dean said, "hmmm."  Mine was rather ho-hum even adding "in bed" to it. Instead of reading his, Dean handed it to me. I read, "Boats and Water are in your future." We started laughing. In bed really didn't fit, but a two word nautical phrase did.

The next day there was not contact either. Finally, early Friday morning, he got an email asking him to call on Sunday at 5pm to set up an appointment to meet.

Again, I don't believe in fortunes, but it did strike us as funny. Prayers for the interview would be greatly appreciated. We don't even have any idea where the position would be or if they even have one currently. He just took the opportunity, knowing they would be here in town, to ask for an interview.



































No comments:

Post a Comment